Friday, August 7, 2020

where to invest my efforts; prioritization depends on objective

Options on where to spend my attention on this project include

  • semantic decoration of text
  • trying to figure out how semantic decoration connects to the underlying inference rules
  • generating PDG Latex content using existing infrastructure
  • verifying existing PDG content by converting to SymPy
  • expanding the SymPy Latex grammar for better parsing and conversion
  • improving the front-end presentation
  • improving the data input interface
  • changing the backend database from JSON + SQL to something cleaner
I'm not completely clear on what my motives for the PDG are. 
  • I find the work interesting
  • I think other people might also be interested
  • I'm not clear what specific value the project provides (other than attempting to document the beauty of the math and Physics) 
I'm not sure whether I'm doing this for myself, for my legacy, or for other people.

My own lack of clarity translates into not being certain about where to invest my attention.
Options like more content, more integration with other aspects, better code all pull in different directions.
I think that if I better understood my own intentions I would have the ability to more easily prioritize.

No comments:

Post a Comment